I'm in Fort Portal.

Yes, I made it, and found a computer that will actually allow me to post! How exciting. Hopped the bus from Kampala to Fort Portal early in the morning after changing money (i.e. got on the bus at 9:15). I had been told that the buses were scheduled and left every hour on the half hour. Unfortunately they don't, they leave when they are full.  I sat on the bus for two hours waiting for them to leave, then we zipped along the road to Fort Portal through sometimes boring and sometimes stunning scenery. As we approached Fort Portal we hit the tea plantations, rolling hills with stubby little tea trees and small armies of workers picking their way across them.

Then Fort Portal and the hospital yesterday, I met Dr. D, started work today, mostly introduction now, rounding and getting a feel for the place. There are lots of other Muzungus here (the somewhat loving name given us whites). A group of MBA students from Michigan rebuilding their business model, a Dr. from the US, Dr. F, and a nurse, J, from the states who has been showing me around more than anyone.

We all headed out last night for alley meat at the local pub which has an alley with a grill in it last night, met up with a few other expats, young-uns, including M who is 17 and alone in Uganda volunteering. Bloody hell she isn't even legal to drink in Uganda! We had a time, to bed and the work today.

Tonight the nun who is in charge at the clinic is organising a dinner for us muzungus for which I must soon be off.

Cheerio.